Latest Post

Friday, January 19, 2007

Global Warming

Some days ago, I turned on the TV and there was Dr. Zaghloul Al-Naggar on a video conference with Al-Jazeera channel. The only thing that was brought to my attention is how afflicted he was and later i realized why he had been this sad, worried and somewhat desperate. It is enough to listen to his last sentence to understand.
The sentence is nearly translated to: "people should start considering walking, riding bicycles or even animals"
This amazing, blessed, modern muslim geologist is talking about riding animals and he hasn't lost his mind yet, if that's what you are thinking of. He is simply concerned about the pollution and the increase in global warming these days. When he was asked about the global warming and the greenhouse effect and if there are any indications of an incoming disaster, he stated that we should expect a disaster in a 10-years period of time and even the end of the world within this century.
THE END OF THE WORLD!! .. Yes, it is this serious. I won't write about the effect of global warming or how it is happening; I wont even talk about the Ozone, because we all know about it, and we notice those changes one year after another. There is one more thing I need to mention; Dr. Zaghloul didn't do a research and come up with those words; scientists allover the world have been concerned about this problem for some time and they realized the danger of pollution some years ago.

Facts:
  1. A leading New Zealand scientist warned in january 2004 that global warming would make large areas of the world uninhabitable by the end of the century unless the international community co-operated to solve the problem.
  2. January 2005, 200 of the world's leading climate scientists - meeting at Tony Blair's request at the Met Office's new headquarters at Exeter - issued the most urgent warning to date that dangerous climate change is taking place, and that time is running out.
  3. Antarctic scientists have found the first direct evidence linking the collapse of an ice shelf the size of Luxemburg in Antarctica to global warming.

So, what are we going to do about that? I don't really know, but I am positive that people won't take an action to change this; I know it because of my experience in trying to change something. I was trying to reduce my usage of car by riding the bike to near places or even running and found out it is impossible in a city like cairo to do so. Why impossible? it's not the topic of this blog ;) .. Just PLEASE prove me wrong and lets do something to change.


Check: Global Warming II (Greenhouse Denial)

2 comments:

Ahmed Essawy said...

Really , I don't know what we should to do , the problem is bigger than my think and ur think !!!
I sureness ,the start point should begin from everyone by himself . this may and may not reduce the problem .
My guess is that first point can't eliminate the problem .
All must work together , there are the need to collective the work and thinking (but really I can't imagine that may happen) .

Teemo said...

I totally agree that it is beyond our thinking to solve the problem.. and working individually won't solve it.. but how to co-operate? how much people read my blog? how many did u talk with about the global warming issue? there's alot in people's mind, this is just one more thing that people don't give a damn about as long as it is not disasterous yet..

My favorite Posts



---------------

Global Warming

---------------


War Children

---------------


Get To Know Them

---------------

The Holly Quran

---------------


The Egyptian Mentality

---------------


Is It a Disease?!

---------------